Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
More news

I think I have finally moved into my new apartment - I bought all the furniture at Ikea, and moved my stuff and just got myself some bedding today. I also went grocery shopping so I think I'm pretty much established. I still need to go to the dollar store to buy little stuff, but that should be a breeze.

Ikea was a bit of an experience... got all the stuff back to the apartment, start putting up the bed.. uh-oh, they've given us 5 of one piece and 3 of another instead of 4 and 4. So get the receipt, get the number, call Ikea... wait hang on, there's no bed on here... looks like I got a free one! Nice! There were also some screws missing so I had to go to the local hardware store to pick some up, but it's not for a crucial piece so a bodge job is ok.

I start my job on Monday... I have a meeting at 745am which is going to be a shock to the system, having to get up that early... but at least I'll find out what I'll actually be doing.