Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Last day...

...of work. Feels a bit weird. Most other 'last days' I've experienced have been group affairs: last day of high school, of university, of holidays and so on. This one though is my own personal, last day. To everyone else it's just Friday.

Still, I get a leaving do. Now this is a first. I mean I got a good luck card when I left Edinburgh (but i was only a student on work placement for 9 months) and nothing from Montreal that I remember. Today though, a bunch of people are coming out for a meal and drinks... ok so it's not exactly a huge thing, but I don't think I'd want a big song-and-dance about it.

In other news, I've made pretty good progress on my things-to-do list. I need to set up another one for my residency... it's amazing how hard they seem to make everything - like the language test, has to be one particular test that only certain institutions perform infrequently and you need to book well in advance. Means I'm gonna have to take it whilst in Montreal... still, gives me a month to practice!