Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Moving up in the world

Firstly, after two-thirds of a season and about 5 games, I have been named captain of the staff football team. Hee! Of course, the fact that our two other captains are both unable to play lessens the effect slightly

Then at work, my boss tells me that he is nominating me to be the work packet manager for a project we're applying for funding on. Apparently, it's got a snowball's chance in hell of getting the money - but it's basically a big hint from the powers-that-be to show me what their plans are. It does smell suspiciously like a bribe (though my boss went to lengths to say that it wasn't).

Hell, that would mean moving into management already. Not exactly sure how much authority I could wield having only been here a year and being at least a decade younger than everyone I'd be managing!

And out of this world

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
trailer is available. Looks pretty sweet, and I'm happy to say that the script was written by Douglas Adams and actually won't be identical to the book. Should be good. (all the info and link courtesy of Shatnerian)