Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
The challenge is issued - UPDATED - AGAIN!!!

Update 2: Seems I spoke to soon, now all that's left is 6 and 10. Still surprised by no-one knowing 6 - 5 of the 6 words of the song title are in the lyrics, and it's a classic. 10 is virtually impossible, but some clues: it was in a Budweiser advert and my version is by George Thorogood.

Update: Not a bad start. Four Five guessed already although I am a little surprised (shocked even) that no-one has recognised number 6! At the same time I can't see anyone knowing 5 or 10. I think I may add a few more lines and or clues if there's no progress made.

Since I sucked so badly on the version on the Arrogant Fool's site, I thought it's only fair I do the same thing: take the first (next) 10 random songs on your playlist, pick your fave lines, and let people guess the song.

1) She had a dream about the King of Sweden
He gave her things that she was needin',
He gave her a home built of gold and steel,
A diamond car with the palladium wheels

(Cab Calloway: Minnie the Moocher - taken from The Blues Brothers soundtrack, guessed by buntz)

2) Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

(Men at Work: Down Under, known by kowy)

3) Drove down the road for two-days-and-a-half
The sun had just risen on a dusty path
Just then a figure had caught my eye
A man with a sombrero who was four feet high

(A Tribe Called Quest: Left my Wallet in El Segundo, guessed by Jamster)

4) Sweet and sour like a tangerine
Fresh like a box of Krispy Kremes
Kenny Rogers' Gambler is my gambling theme
Mix Master Mike with the scratch routine

(Beastie Boys: Three MCs and One DJ, guessed by Jamster)

5) Twenty seconds on the bad time
I'm a feel you're on the run
Never live too long to make right
I see you're doing fine

(Texas: Say What you Want, guessed by Jamster)

6) The revolution will not be right back after a message
about a white tornado, white lightning, or white people.
You will not have to worry about a dove in your
bedroom, a tiger in your tank, or the giant in your toilet bowl.


7) Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of youth
And our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same
The more you change the less you feel

(Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight, guessed by nerina)

8) The ocean is a desert with it's life underground
And a perfect disguise above
Under the cities lies a heart made of ground
But the humans will give no love

(America: Horse with no Name, guessed by lightspeedchick)

9) My mother says to get a job
But she don't like the one she's got
When masturbation's lost its fun
You're fucking lazy

(Green Day: Long View, known by the Arrogant Fool)

10) Whoa-oh, stop your train,
Let her, go for a ride
Why don't ya hear me cryin'?
Whoo-hooo, whoo-hooo
Whooo


I confess I had to cheat slightly cos a few songs came up that had no lyrics or the only lyrics contained the name of the song... I'll strike them out as people guess.