Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Trial and Error

So I downloaded Firefox the other day and am giving it a whirl to see if it is any better than IE. I've never really had a problem with IE, indeed along with Freecell, it's probably one of my favourite MS products. So it's gonna take something good to convince me to change.

So far, it's pretty much the status quo. Now I don't know if that's just because I'm not stretching it to its limits or because there's nothing extra on offer. The whole tabbed browsing thing isn't making much of an impact - mainly because it seems to require an extra step to make a link launch in a tab not a window.

Apparently it offers much better security since most viruses are targeted at MS products. But, it doesn't display everything the same way as IE (this blog has a slight flaw when viewed using Firefox).

On the whole, I'm unconvinced - I've even noticed that IE has/is going to have tabbed browsing - but I'm open to persuasion. Perhaps more experienced uses can add there two cents.