Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Parting is such sweet sorrow

And so I've left Montreal again - it was really rather depressing, the week went by sooo fast. I only got to see half the people I intended to but at the same time this made me realise exactly who it was worth making the effort to see. This was also counter-balanced by my meeting new people like Nika and Paolo, and of course Ashley, who turned out to be really cool - despite me thinking she was more style than substance when I first met her.

So despite the sadness at having to leave la belle province behind, I can now look forward to my trip to Korea. Not only is it a place I've never visited before but one of my best buddies is out there - and it was really strange being in Montreal without him since we were hanging out together almost everyday before I left. I have no idea what to expect, which is part of the fun.

Bridging the gap

I'm currently cooling my heels in Vancouver, yesterday we went to the Capilano Suspension bridge - a 450 foot long metal wire bridge suspended 230 feet above the canyon floor. It was pretty cool, the bridge moves a LOT when you're on it, so don't go if you have vertigo. I'll try and upload pictures soon. However, in essence, it is just a bridge with a bit of a nature park on the other side, which in my mind does not justify the 21 dollar entrance fee!!! And it was BUSY. I reckon they'd let in around 10 people a minute, so that's roughly 200 dollars, and it'll prob be that busy for 4 hours each day, so that makes 50,000 dollars a day easy!!!