Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
California, here we come

I have a confession to make, I'm not proud of it but I have to say I really like "The OC." And I'm not the only one, my roommate Rob really likes it too.

OK, so it's not the best made show on TV and is about as thought provoking and intellectually stimulating as watching paint dry, but it does have its merits.

Of course, first and foremost is the ridiculously good-looking cast - this has provided Rob and I with many a discussion about who was nicer; Summer or Anna. But before you get carried away and think it's like Baywatch it does have some other redeeming features.

It doesn't take itself seriously - there are enough flippant comments and one-liners to show that everyone is just having fun, and every now and then it is self-defecating.

Realism - ok, it's not realistic at all but at least people talk normally in it, unlike say, Dawson's Creek where not a minute would pass without someone entering into a monologue about their theories on their best friend's behaviour. In the OC it would just be a one-line "whatever!" and they'd move on.

And uhh... I guess that's about it, but it sure as hell brightens up my Sunday afternoons. Now, down to business, who is nicer: Summer or Anna?