Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Blork and Martine's Monthly Monkey (click here for more info)

"Talk about the times in your life when you felt really, really alive"


Tough one this... I'm gonna take it to mean when I felt euphoric rather than aware of my existence since that tends to make me feel very small and insignificant. Which kind of narrows the list to (in no particular order):

England 0-1 Scotland - Euro2000 Playoff, Scotland 2-0 down from the first leg, everyone thinks we're doomed. We score in the first half, cue mass hysteria. Filled with massive belief, pride and anticipation - I remember walking down the road to a bigger pub at half-time and had never been more excited in my life.

The last BIG hill on the Vermont cycling trip - I don't think I'd ever done anything as physically hard as that - but I used pure willpower to make it to the top without stopping. When I got off I could feel every single muscle in my body and adrenaline was just pumping round: a total high

First kiss - Really what could be better?

First 'full experience' in good dance club - Fantastic atmosphere, everyone's friendly, great music, felt amazing.

Wrestling with girlfriend - over a peanut in a Spanish hostel, helpless with laughter before collapsing in an exhausted heap (and then finding the energy to get more exhausted in another way ;) )