Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Golden Oldies

Do you ever find once in a while you get your hands on an old album or put it on for the first time, and all of a sudden you can't get enough of it. This has happened to me recently with Green Day's Dookie; a CD that was always on my wanted list that I didn't get round to buying. Then I kind of moved on in musically tastes and just before I left Montreal I finally got my hands on a copy. Now I can't stop listening to it - I knew all the songs already mainly through hearing them in the background, but it's great to actually listen to them.

The same thing sort of happened when I arrived in Montreal and I kept hearing Rage Against the Machine everywhere - put on the CD again and it still kicks ass. Then one day my room-mate puts on Weezer's Blue album, another old favourite, and it was great to hear again, especially when you realise you still know all the words.