Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Homesick?

Stolen from Drunkyfop.com, but only cos there's no direct link.

>A girl walks in to a supermarket and buys the following items:
>
>1 Bar of Soap
>1 Toothbrush
>1 Tube of toothpaste
>1 loaf of bread
>1 pint of milk
>1 apple
>1 banana
>1 orange
>1 grapefruit
>1 tomato
>1 lettuce
>1 cabbage
>1 baking potato
>1 kraft single
>1 muesli bar
>1 pie
>1 frozen pizza
>1 single frozen dinner
>
>The bloke behind her in the queue taps her on the shoulder.
>
>He is carrying a basket with a six pack of beer, a pizza and some Wagon Wheels.
>
>As she turns he smiles at her and says,
>
>"Single, eh?"
>
>The girl smiles sheepishly and replies
>
>"How did you guess?"
>
>He looks at her - straight in the eyes and gently says
>
> "Because you're minging"

I'm not sure why, but I find this joke cracks me up. I think it's the use of the word 'minging' - a Scottish word that is almost onomatopoeic! Makes me miss home a little in fact. Check out the rest of the blog as well. I don't think blogging has quite taken off in the UK, so it's kind of cool to find one in Edinburgh, where I went to uni. Even if he does support Falkirk!