Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Paranoia?

Ever had one of those days when your gut instinct is telling you sthg is wrong. It feels like you've forgotten sthg but you can't work out what. Like your subconscious is trying to break through because it knows sthg your conscious mind doesn't. It's like if you wake up an hour early and instinctively get out of bed and get dressed and breakfast all before you look at your watch and realise it's only 6:30! (I have done this on more than one occasion) Everything is a sort of haze and nothing seems quite to fit. Well, I'm having one of those moments now. I'm desperately running through mental checklists to try and work out what's wrong;
Wallet? Check.
Keys? Check.
Pants? Check.
Do I owe anyone money? No
Do I need to do sthg before work? No
Do I need to do sthg at work? No
Did I say I'd do sthg for someone? No.
I think I've come to the conclusion that at some point in my sleep I voyaged to a parallel universe which is almost identical to the one I was in, but probably with one key difference. Such as it's the United States of Canada that's the world's only superpower! Now wouldn't that be weird.....