Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
The only fully naked statue in the US that is worshipped

The Oscars eh? Didn't watch so don't have much to say. However,

It's a shame Michael Moore got booed and that he ended up shouting. Made him look like a lunatic, rather than a calm, rational opponent of the war and rather detracts from his valid points.

I thought it was interesting to see all the previous Oscar winners, if only to give me inspiration for films I should watch (and to remind me how gorgeous Hilary Swank is).

I was overjoyed to see that Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi) won best animation, a thoroughly excellent movie that draws on several sources including the Greek classic The Odyssey and Wizard of Oz. Whilst incredibly surreal in parts and an ending that is more whimper than bang, it still gave me the 'this is a great movie' feeling halfway through (sthg felt in other films such as Fight Club and LotR I). The best bit: when the soot balls fake being unable to carry the coal to get help from the girl, Chihiro. See, told you it was surreal.