Legal Alien: A Scotsman in Montreal

 
Yawn!

I've hit a bit of a slump - not been posting cos there's nothing to post about. Or rather, there's stuff that I would post but no-one who reads this site who quite udnerstand, one of those have-to-be-there type things. Indeed I reached the stage on Tuesday of phoning people to tell them that I was bored in the hope that they could entertain me for five or ten minutes.

However, one thing has happened recently. For the first time ever, and I mean ever, though I've only had them for 7 years, I left my contacts in overnight. Even when I am too drunk to stand I manage to remember to take them out. But not last night. I got back from soccer, shot the breeze with Phil, took a shower and went to bed just after 1am. Woke up this morning, opened my eyes and had the shock of my life. To my credit, I didn't think that my eyes had miraculously healed, but I couldn't believe I'd forgotten to take them out. Then I spent the next 5 minutes trying to work out if I could make it inot a valid excuse not to have ot get up. Phone work and say my eyes have been damaged, I must lie in a darkened room with my eyes shut. But I didn't. So here I am.